Tuesday 13 December 2011

Charlotte Elmer in Maggie Sottero Geneva

Fate, Serendipity, chance, fortune, good luck.... sometimes the dress is just sitting in a shop waiting for you.

There are some dispicable closing techniques used in the selling of wedding dresses. I am sure you have heard some of them before. "Goodness - 18 months until your wedding - I very seriously doubt you'll get a dress unless you hand over the full amount in cash - right now!" I deplore this method of inducing panic buying.

However there are some dress manufacturers that really do need a significant lead time to produce dresses. Maggie Sottero are one such compny. On avaerage I would recommend a 16 - 18 week delivery time. Then you must allow a comfortable margin of time for fittings and alterations before your wedding date. I would also recommend a bit of introspection too! Are you the sort of girl that will worry that your dress is not in the country six weeks before your wedding? If so order the dress for delivery twelve weeks before your wedding.

Charlotte's story is a very happy fateful meeting with her dress. On occassions brides grow out of dresses, or shrink beyond possible alteration. Therefore sometimes we have a spare dress and it's usually one of our favourites. When it looks as amazing as this you know you are onto a winner

In Charlotte's words "...Miss Bush ...thank you for all your help with getting me the perfect wedding dress in time for my wedding this August. Most other shops told me I was too late in March when we started looking for wedding dresses, but I knew it was meant to be when you happened to have the dress I wanted already in Ripley!"












I am shamelessly going to throw in this Emma-praise

 "I absolutely loved the dress (which I never would have even tried on if it wasn't for you!) and the headpiece* you helped me choose was just perfect...
 
...we had the most amazing day ever - still makes me smile everyday thinking about it! It was raining in the morning whilst we were getting ready and then 5 minutes before I was due to get in the car to go to church the sun came out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky for the rest of the day! We loved Clandon Park and got to be outside and enjoy the sunny weather all day.

Thanks again for all your help, you really were hands down, by far the best bridal shop I went to.  

Charlotte x "



(*Polly Edwards Camellia - fact fans...)

Many thanks to Charlotte for sharing her photos and for the Gods to conspire in finding her the perfect dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...