Tuesday 20 March 2012

Postcard from New York

Three days to go until our JLM Fashion show and cocktail party. It is shaping up to be gorgeous although there is a certain amount of  eleventh hour aspects about the models fittings and the catwalk dresses. Frankly it's going to be a bit squeaky. The difficulty in showing brand new, straight-from-the trade-show dresses is that everyone wants them.



As we speak Karl, our agent for JLM Couture is criss crossing the country with the catwalk dresses. He will arrive to us on Friday morning, the models arrive midday and 'you' the brides to be, press and bloggers at 6pm. I am comforting myself that all the best fashion shows run slightly late - the predicted 7.30 pm start may wander by a minute or so but I have two floors filled with music, cocktails and fabulous inspiration that no one will notice.



 Who are these fabulous contributors?

Juliet McKee and her team will be papping you of course whilst you marvel at audacious arrangements from the flash mob florist that is Gayle from Bloomingayles and Bloom Ripley. Music from Matt Maurice as you sip New York classics from Shaken and Stirred .

Lisa Baker from Just Bespoke will have magically transformed the shop along with Stressfree Hire. Bush HQ has been stripped - in fact I have a pile of chaise longues, shabby chic display cases, a few gigantic birdcages and several dress bags of indeterminate fillings creeping into my family room at home. It's amazing how shabby chic just looks a bit knackered out of the context of a 16th Century shop or a Victorian Chapel.

There will be canapes, cupcakes from Bluebell, biscuits from Naughty but Yummy, and a sweet buffet from Creative Candi  Just typing those words has added pounds...

Janet Mohapi Banks has created a cake called Tara for the occasion the significance of which will be revealed. Via Janet I have become acquainted with New York based artist Astrid Mueller who has created original artworks and cake toppers for the show - I have had a peek and I'm in love!

Through various levels of arm twisting, pleading, begging and general cheekiness Lisa and I have also  managed to secure contributions from uber sexy florists By Appointment Only Design - although not flowers! Wait and see... The gorgeous living saint that is Paul Antonio is providing his unique calligraphy skills. Paul can seduce you by just writing your name - adolescent boys take note! Click here to fall in love http://www.byappointmentonlydesign.com/showreel/

The lovely Helen and Dom from Cutture are customising stationary for Lisa's tablescapes. ( I know - who knew they were called that - but basically if you need wedding table inspiration this is what is's called in the Wedding Planing  trade! No table confetti for us....)

Also by the magic of Twitter I have got contributions from Ribbons and Tulle and Faerie Wishes - I kid you not! There is an army of crafters in the UK that I had no idea about.  I saw this bouquet on Etsy and it couldn't be shipped to the UK - I Tweeted this picture and got offers from both Ribbons and Tulle and Faerie Wishes to make me on - what's a spoilt girl to do but say yes...



The original link to the artist who created this http://www.etsy.com/listing/95328636/grey-and-yellow-wedding-brides-mini?ref=cat1_gallery_38

Hair and make up for the daytime shoot is being provided by Sharon Roberts and Carolanne Armstrong and I hope they can be persuaded to apply some magic to Senior Bush, Gen and I.



The catwalk hair and make up is being provided by In Parlour . I have only recently met Amanda Harrington, owner of this amazing beauty company, however I have seen her work and that of her team on many of my brides. In Parlour's team have just finished the Fashion Week rounds and will be bringing high fashion inspiration into the catwalk show.




Miss Bush bride Charlotte Elmer wearing Maggie Sottero Geneva - hair and make up by In Parlour.


As soon as I hit publish I know I will remember the contributors I haven't mentioned because my morning brain is just waking up.

I think we are close to capacity for the show - numbers are being finalised today but if three hours of drink, glamour and gossip appeals and you are free this Friday - give me a call today at Miss Bush 01483 222815 and I will do my best to secure you tickets.


See I knew the minute I published it would be clear - as I put the link in Twitter up popped Polly Edwards! Polly has been comissioned to make some special headpieces reflecting the themes and colours of our event. Polly will also be at the event, assisting with styling and displaying her work.

I am telling myself off righ know for the lack of proper credits - I am ashamed of myself. Naughty Miss Bush...

Photo by Mark Bothwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...